Tuesday 29 December 2015

I'll Be Your Umbrella

I can't believe that Christmas is over so quickly and in a fews days we will be in 2016.

I haven't been doing too much crafting in the last couple of days but I have been watching some YouTube videos showing Copic colouring and card making. It's inspiring me to do some more colouring, so I looked through my stamps and ended up using a stamp I hadn't used before. I used the Under My Umbrella cling stamp by Art Impressions and ironically did not colour it with Copics but instead used Distress Markers and water on watercolour paper.

Because the image is quite large and I die cut it into a circle, my card ended up being 5 1/2 inches square. I actually coloured/drew my own background with the distress markers. I coloured one rain drop on a rain drop stamp with tumbled glass distress marker and stamped in on the umbrella. I then covered the rain drops with glossy accents to make them look wet.

Here is a couple of pictures of my card.






Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Art Impressions - Under My Umbrella, Simon Says Stamp - Abby's Spring Showers (Raindrop)
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts - Nesting Circles
Ink: Ranger - Archival Ink - Jet Black,  Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Distress Markers: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Fired Brick and Picked Raspberry
Design Paper: American Crafts - Best of Dear Lizzy 8.5 x 11,  Dear Lizzy-Neapolitan 6x6 paper pad
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Ranger - Glossy Accents

Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment