Monday 25 January 2016

Altered Valentine Shadow Box

 Good morning! I hope your having a good day.  Over the weekend I altered a 5 x 7 shadow box that given to me and I decided to alter it to add to my mantle as some Valentine decor.

Here is a picture of the shadow box before I did anything to it.


I removed the glass from the frame as well as the back of course, gave the frame a bit of a sand with fine grit sandpaper and then spray painted it with Heirloom White Rustoleum paint that I picked up from Home Depot.

I was inspired by different collages on Pinterest to make a cute 3d design to put into the frame. The six square are just over 2 inches each. I used lots of dies from MFT Stamps, Recollections card stock and K&Company - Lovely 12 x 12 paper pad. I edged all of the layers and elements with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Here is the finished collage.





Here is the finished frame. The great thing is the collage is attached with velcro to the back of the frame so I can make different designs for different holidays. I am going to add this to my mantle as some Valentine decor.


Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Dies & Punches: MFT Stamps - Mini Rolled Roses, Royal Leaves, Prima Donna Petals, Mini Pennant and Gerbera Daisy,  Marvy Uchida - Scalloped Square 2inch punch,  EK Success - Butterfly Layering Punch
Design Paper: K&Company - Lovely 12 x 12 paper pad
Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Other: Recollections - Card Stock, Pearl Stickers,  Rhinestones, Flatback Pearls, Foam Tape and Velcro from my stash

Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment