Saturday 11 June 2016

Wishing You Rainbows

Hello friends, I hope you are doing well.  It was a busy day today, running to Costco, doing laundry and vacuuming, so much fun.

I coloured a couple of the unicorns from the Magical Unicorns set from MFT Stamps last night and had a chance to use one of them on a card this afternoon.



The idea for the colours behind the cloud I got from Amy Rysavy of Prairie Paper & Ink.  I did mine slightly differently by sticking to one colour per cloud layer. Starting at the bottom, my first layer was Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac and then back to Tumbled Glass distress ink.

I also made a rainbow using MFT Stamps - Stitched Rainbow die, water-colour paper and distress inks. After all the different rainbow layers were inked, I sprayed then with the Distress Sprayer and then dabbed off some of the ink with a paper towel. I then topped off the rainbow with the Wink of Stella - Clear Brush Marker.

I think the card turned out great and want to make a few more.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished card.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Magical Unicorns
Dies: MFT Stamps - Stitched Rainbow,  Lawn Fawn - Puffy Cloud Borders,  Mama Elephant - Peek A Frame
Ink: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black, Distress Ink - Rainbow-Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet  Clouds-Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac
Copic Markers: Body-C00, C1, C3, C5, R20  Nose-RV000, RV10 , RV52  Mane and Tail-RV21, RV55, YR000, YR12, Y00, Y02, G40, YG03, B000, B02, BV00, BV02
Other: Recollections - 110lb card stock,  Strathmore - 300 Series- 140lb watercolor paper,  Wink of Stella - Clear Brush Marker,  Craft Medley - B & W Classic Sequins, Foam Tape

Thanks so much for dropping by and hope to see you soon, Kathy

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet....thanks for sharing...God bless ya...

    ReplyDelete