Tuesday 19 July 2016

Who's Got My Ball?

Hello friends, I hope your having a good day. Today I made a card using the Lucky Dogs stamp set that was inspired by a card made by Nichol Magourik a few days ago.

I do not have a small polaroid die so I made my own.  I cut three pieces of card stock into 2' x 2 1/2" Then I used a small square die from the Sizzix/Stephanie Bernard Square Flip-its #2 Framelits to cut out an opening in each piece of card stock and viola the polaroids were made.

I stamped out three of the dogs onto pieces of card stock that fit into the polaroids and coloured them with Copic markers.

I also used the largest die in the Mama Elephant's Peek A Frame die set to cut out another piece of white card stock.  I added a sentiment at the bottom of the panel with versa mark ink and heat embossed it with some Snow Detail embossing powder.  I then sponged on some Fossilized Amber distress ink onto the panel. Then I took a bit of white acrylic paint, added a few drops of water and then took a small paint brush and flicked some drops of paint onto the background.  Once the paint was dry I added the three completed polaroid pictures to the panel then attached the panel to an A2 size card base.

I really like how it turned out. Although I originally planned to add a totally different sentiment but for some reason did not notice until everything was attached together. Maybe I'll try and make another similar card.

Here is a picture of the completed card.


Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Lucky Dogs
Dies: Mama Elephant - Peek A Frames,  Sizzix - Square Flip-its #2 Framelits
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versamark,  Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber
Copic Markers: Corgi & Chihuahua - E13, E15, E19, E40, E41, R000, R00, R02  Bulldog - E31, E35, E37, E40, E41, C7, C9, R24, R29  Ball - YG000, Y13  Grass - G12, G24  Sky - BG11
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Acrylic White Paint

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you come back soon, Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment