Sunday 4 December 2016

Polar Bear Skate

Hello again my friends, I am back with the failed background for the Ice Skater girl from my previous card.  I thought this background suited the Polar Bear Pals better.



The background took quite a while to complete including drying time of course.  The first thing I did was cute a panel from 110lb white card stock with the largest die from the Blueprints 13 die-namics set.  I also used the die to cut out a piece of copy paper which I then ripped to give it rough edges on both sides. I then used the copy paper as my masks for added some distress ink to the sky and pond.

For the sky I used a mixture of Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky distress inks. I then took the Snowfall stencil from MFT Stamps and some Light Modeling Paste to make the snow in the sky.  Once that was dry, I again used the Light Modeling paste and a plastic palette knife and added some snow, leaving the texture quite rough.  While the "snow" was still wet I sprinkled it with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter to add some sparkle.

For the pond I used Tumbled Glass distress ink to colour it and then I drew a few squiggles with a white gel pen to look a bit like the marks the ice skates would leave behind.  I then covered the whole pond with some Glossy Accents which I left overnight to dry.

I coloured a couple of the bears from the Polar Bear Pals stamp set, and added one to the pond skating and the other to the snow sitting watching with a mixture of foam tape and glossy accents.

I pretty happy with the final look of the card. Here are a couple of more pictures showing the texture and dimension of the card.





Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Polar Bear Pals
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky
Copic Markers: W00, W1, W3, R00, R20, R21, R22, BG10, BG11, BG53, G12, G14, G16, B21, B24, B26
Other: Recollections - 110ld White Card Stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White Card Stock,  MFT Stamps - Snowfall Stencil,  Liquidtex - Light Modeling Paste,  Ranger - Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter and Glassy Accents,  Sakura - White Gel Pen and Black Glaze Pen

Thank you so much for coming by and I hope you like my card.  Have a good night! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment