Tuesday 24 January 2017

Otterly Lost

Hello my friends, I hope you are having a good day.  I made a couple of card today using a couple of different stamp sets from MFT Stamps.

For my first card, I used the adorable Birdie Brown - Otterly Love You stamp set.  The little otters in the stamp set are so cute!

For the background, I cut a piece of Strathmore 140lb Watercolor paper and stamped the waves using Versamark Ink and then heat embossed them with Detail White embossing powder.

I then painted the sea and sky using several colours of Distress Inks.  I used an ex-acto knife and cut around some of the curves of the bottom wave so I could tuck in the Otter mommy and baby into the waves. Once I added all of the stamped images and die cuts to the watercolor panel, I popped it up using lots of foam tape.

Here is the finished card.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - MFT Stamps - Otterly Love You
Dies: MFT Stamps - Cloud 9 and Trees In The Forest
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Salty Ocean
Copic Markers: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, R20, C00, C1, C3, YR12, YR16
Other: Strathmore - 140lb Watercolor Cold Press Paper,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb White Ultra Smooth Premium card stock,  Recollections - Detail Snow Embossing Powder, 110lb White card stock and 65lb Green and Brown card stock,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope you come back , when I post my second card.  Have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment