Thursday 9 March 2017

Mission Control

Hello my friends and welcome back.  I hope you are having a good day so far.

On Monday I received my latest order from MFT Stamps and the next day started colouring up a bunch of images from the Space Explorer stamp set.



The images is this set are so adorable, I had so much fun colouring them.

After I coloured the astronauts, I made two Galaxy backgrounds with distress inks, in order to make a couple of cards. To make the galaxy background, I first blended several different colours of distress inks onto the card stock.  I then used a distress sprayer to spray some water, left it for a minute and blotted up the excess water.  Then I sprinkled the panels with some Marshmallow glimmer mist from Tattered Angels, mixed some white acrylic paint with water and flicked some dots of that on the panels too.  In person the galaxies are much darker then they photographed.



I cut both galaxy panels using the largest die in the Blueprints 13 die-namics from MFT Stamps, so there would be a white border of the card base showing.

I am inserting a picture of the Copic markers I used, since there is just too many to list.

Here are the two finished cards.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown- Space Explorer
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13 and Blueprints 20
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry,  Mustard Seed,  Blueprint SketchWilted Violet,  Chipped Sapphire,  Black Soot  Versafine - Onyx Black
Copic Markers: See Photo Above
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Sakura - White Gel Pen,  Tattered Angels - Marshmallow Glimmer Mist,  White Acrylic Paint and Foam Tape

Thank you so much for taking the time  to drop by and I hope you like my cards.  Have a wonderful day! Kathy

1 comment: