Friday 17 March 2017

Over The Moon - MFTWSC324

Hello my friends and happy Friday!  The end of another week and finally a hint of Spring is in the air and garden.

Yesterday I made a galaxy background and a moon using distress inks.  To make the galaxy background, I took a panel of 110lb white card stock and blended Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot distress ink.  The then sprayed it with water, using a distress sprayer, and blotted up the water.  The finishing touch was to splatter the background with Marshmallow glimmer mist from Tattered Angels.

I tried a couple of time to make the moon using the same white card stock but they were failures.  In the end I cut a circle from 140lb watercolor paper and using water and a brush, I painted it with Squeezed Lemonade and Iced Spruce distress inks.  I was much happier with how it turned out.



Today I used those two items to make another card for the sketch challenge at MFT Card Challenges.


I used one of the astronauts and a planet image from the Space Explorer stamp set from MFT Stamps to make my card and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Space Explorer
Dies: MFT Stamps - Stitched Basic Edges,  Blueprints 20   Lifestyle Crafts - Nesting Circles
Inks:  Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Distress Inks - Picked RaspberryBlueprint SketchChipped Sapphire,  Black Soot,  Squeezed Lemonade and Iced Spruce,  Versafine - Onyx Black
Copic Markers: Astronaut - E00, E53, R00, E21, E25, E27, C00, C1, C3, G12, G14, G24  Planet - YG03, YG25, G99, Y11, Y13, Y35
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock,  Strathmore - 140lb Cold Press Watercolor paper,  Tattered Angels - Marshmallow Glimmer Mist,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

2 comments: