Saturday 13 May 2017

Ocean Full of Thanks

Hello my friends and happy Saturday! I hope you are having a good weekend so far.

The other day I received my latest order from Hero Arts which included the May 2017 My Monthly Hero kit and the Reef Border and Frame Fancy Dies.



Here is a close up of everything in the monthly kit.


For my card I used one of the techniques that Jennifer McGuire showed in this YouTube video Magic Stencil Techniques.  This was the first time I used a couple of the Distress Oxide inks and the Waves Stencil from Hero Arts for my ocean background.

Here are a couple of pictures of my finished card.




I used the Reef Border die to cut the design into a white card stock panel and layered that over my ocean background.  I then stamped the greeting from the above stamp set with the Aqua ink included in the kit.  I coloured up one of the mermaids and one of the fish from the kit, with Copic markers, that I stamped and die cut, and added some Sakura - Stardust Gelly Roll pen to add some glitter to the images.  I glued the fish flat to the ocean and popped the mermaid up on foam tape and added a little fallback pearl to her hand.

Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Hero Arts - May 2017 My Monthly Hero
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Distress Oxide Inks - Broken China and Cracked Pistachio,  Hero Arts - Aqua
Copic Markers:  Skin - E000, E00, BV00, R20  Hair - E21, E27, E279 Aqua - BG11, BG13, BG57  Purple - V12, V15, V17
Other: Recollections 110lb White card stock and Adhesive Flatback Pearls,  Hero Arts - Waves Stencil, Sakura - Stardust Gelly Roll Pen, Foam Tape


Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment