Friday 23 June 2017

Mermaid For Each Other - MFTWSC338

Hello my friends and welcome back.  It's the first week of summer and the weather has been beautiful lately!

I finally made another card.  This time using the sketch from MFT Card Challenges.


Instead of using the heart on my card, I used a mermaid and fish from the Birdie Brown - Mermazing stamp set from MFT Stamps.

I created the background by using the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT Stamps and Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks.  I first taped the white card stock panel down to a board, so it wouldn't move, then I laid the stencil over the panel and taped that to the board as well.  I inked up the top half of the panel with Broken China, using an ink blending tool, and the bottom half of the panel with Cracked Pistachio.  I then lifted up the stencil and inked over the remaining white portion, lightly with both inks.  I then generously sprayed the back of the stencil with water and placed it back down on to the inked panel, which gave the background a more distressed and scattered look.

I coloured the mermaid and fish with Copic markers and added them to the front of the card and added a few drops of the Morning Dew Crystal Drops from Nuvo as the finishing touch.

Here is the finished card.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown - Mermazing
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 20 and Blueprints 27
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Oxide - Broken China and Cracked Pistachio
Copic Markers: Mermaid - Skin-E11, E33, V15, R22  Hair - E21, E25, E27  Tail - V12, V15, V17  Top - BG11, BG13, BG57  Star - Y06, Y38   Fish - C1, C3, C5, Y06, Y38
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  MFT Stamps - Radiating Rays Stencil,  Nuvo - Morning Dew Crystal Drops

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment