Thursday 1 June 2017

Mermaids

Welcome back my friends!  Today I have a couple of cards using the May 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts.



For the first background I used the turquoise silk liquid ink, which was included in the kit, along with Frozen Lake Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels and Open Arms Amethyst Starburst Spray from Lindys Stamp Gang.

I cut a white card stock panel with the largest die from the Blueprints 13 die-namics from MFT Stamps and then used the Reef Border and Frames Fancy Dies from Hero Arts to cut the design in the panel.  I glued the white card stock to the background panel and then stamped the sentiment in Grape Jelly shadow ink from Hero Arts.  I added a Copic coloured mermaid and a few drops of Morning Dew Crystal Drops from Nuvo.


For the second background, I used distress inks to create an ombre background, directly to the card base.  I then sprayed the background with water and then blotted it with paper towel to add some texture.

I again used the Reef Border and Frame Fancy Dies from Hero Arts to cut the design in a piece of black card stock and glued it onto the card base.  I popped up a mermaid, which I coloured with Copic markers, with foam tape onto the card front.  I love how the black looks over the ombre background.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Hero Arts - May 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit
Dies: Hero Arts - May 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit and Reef Border and Frame Fancy Dies,  MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Hero Arts - Grape Juice,  Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet
Copic Markers:  Skin - E11, E33, R20  Hair - E08, E13, E15, E50, E53, E55  Purple - V12, V15, V17  Aqua - BG11, BG13, BG57
Other: Recollections - 110lb White and Black card stock,  Turquoise Silk Liquid Ink,  Tattered Angels - Frozen Lake,  Lindys Stamp Gang - Open Arms Amethyst,  Nuvo - Morning Dew Crystal Drops,  Spectrum Noir - Crystal Clear Sparkle Brush Pen,  Foam Tape,  Flatback Pearls

Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment