Thursday 28 December 2017

Magical Day - Pop Up Card

Hello my friends, I do hope you had a wonderful Christmas, is you celebrate, or at least some time with family.

Today I have my first pop up card to share with you.  I don't have the Lawn Fawn pop up die so I created my own pop up card using card stock, my paper cutter and the Martha Stewart scoreboard.

Here are the measurements for the basic card form and inserts.

For the main box cut 2 pieces of card stock into 4 1/4" by 6"  pieces and score at 2" on the 4 1/4" side

Turn the cardstock a quarter turn and then score at 2" and 5 1/2" on the 6" side

I then cut the 2" by 1/4" tab off and cut the 2 1/4" by 1/4" tab at an angle upward from the edge of the paper to the score line.  (If you look at the Lawn Fawn pop up die, I cut the tab the same way.) On each portion of the 1/4 tab that is remaining I place a piece of 1/4" double sided tape.

For the inserts, (you can add as many as you wish) I added three inserts to my card, cut pieces of card stock into 1" by 4" pieces and score both ends at a 1/4" on the 4" side.  I also used score tape of the 1/4" tabs to attach them to the inside of the card.  See Lawn Fawn's - Intro to Scalloped Box Card Pop Up for instructions on how to out the box together.

Before I attached my box together I ran the 4 1/4" by 6" pieces of yardstick through my die machine using one of the Lawn Fawn - Valentine Borders dies to add a decorative edge to the top of the box.

Here are a few picture of my finished card.





Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Fairy Friends, Gleeful Gardens and Bugs and Kisses
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Fairy Friends, Gleeful Gardens, Bugs and Kisses and Valentine Borders,  MFT Stamps - Blueprints 27 and Grassy Fields
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Hero Arts - Lime Green shadow ink, Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Copic Markers: Fairies - Skin - E11, E33, V15, R21, Hair - E21, E25, E27, E13, E18, E19  Dresses - R43, RV14, RV25, V15, V17, BV17  Wings - BG11, BG70  Mushrooms - E23, E27, C00, C1, R24, R27, R39  Flowers - C00, C1, Y06, Y35, YG03, YG63  Lovebug - R81, R83, R85, R24, R39, BG11, BG70
Other: Recollections 110lb White card stock and 65lb Green and Pink card stock,  K & Company - Lovely 12 x 12 paper pad,  Spectrum Noir - Sparkling Clear Brush Marker,  MFT Stamps - Mini Cloud Edges Stencil, Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment