Thursday 11 January 2018

Simple Valentine Cards - Cards From the Heart Card Drive

Hello my friends, I just wanted to stop by really quickly and share with you 12 simple Valentine's Day cards that I made for the 2018 Cards From The Heart Card Drive, which I discovered watching Christy Gets Crafty YouTube Channel.



Winter Sims of Winter Wonderland Crafter, collects Valentine's Day cards for children that are in the hospital and this will be the first time I am participating.  Please check out Winter's blog for the full set of rules/requirements for the cards you may wish to send. A few of the most important are listed below.

 Cards need to be a Valentine theme ONLY!

Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)

Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. 

NO buttons, glitter, glitter pens, glitter glue, stickles, wink of stella, sequins, rhinestones, brads, googly eyes, or anything that looks glittery or can be pulled off and become a choking hazard. This is the hospitals rules! I know that some of the products that look glittery may seem harmless, but the hospital said NO glitter, so that's what we will do! 

The cards must be received by Winter by January 31, 2018 and are to be mailed to the following address:

Winter Sims
"Cards From the Heart Card Drive"
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664

I created my cards using some cut aparts that were in the K&Company - Ka-Zoo 12 x 12 paper pad.  They originally looked like this,
so I cut them down to remove the (to and from) from the cards.  I then framed them with card stock and popped them up with foam tape to add a little bit of dimension to the finished cards.  I also used patterned paper from the same paper pad and some coordinating card stock, with Glossy Accents being my only other addition to the cards. I made a total of twelve cards which I will being mailing to Winter. If I manage to create some more I will send them along in a separate package.

Here are all twelve finished cards.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and I hope you have a wonderful day!  Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment